"But if you ask people what the three most important things that they carry are -- across cultures and across gender and across contexts -- most people will say keys, money and, if they own one, a mobile phone."
Jan Chipchase: The anthropology of mobile phones TED Talk
Jan Chipchase made this observation in his 2007 TED Talk -- it’s even more true now. You and most of your friends and coworkers likely have mobile smart phones. Your customers do, too, and rely on them to help shop for everything from cars to dinner reservations.
In this podcast, Allen Klein, Sharon Hunter, and I share some insights into mobile marketing and promote the benefits of mobile advertising though a series of skits.
If you’re not advertising on mobile this holiday season, you’re likely losing business. We discuss why an advertiser should care about mobile advertising and how consumers use their mobile devices as part of their holiday shopping.
Wonder where we got the numbers we're using in this podcast, we’ve referenced some data that comes from:
- Telmetrics/xAd Mobile Path to Purchase Study
- Nielsen Retailer Mobile Article
- eMarketer (Additional Mobile Study data available for purchase)
In addition to the podcast, here are some helpful links that will direct you to further resources around this important topic.
- Mobile in the EU: What is the opportunity for advertisers with today’s drop in roaming fees?
- Bing Ads: Mobile Ads: Making the Connection
- Bing Ads Policies: Mobile Ads
- The anthropology of mobile phones TED Talk
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.