Ad Extensions policies
Ad Extensions are enhancements for traditional text ads that enable you to improve engagement with your customers and campaign performance. Bing Ads policies apply to all ad extensions, along with some additional requirements listed below. Please note that most of these requirements apply to all ad extensions, for example the accuracy and truthfulness of the information you provide.
App extensions enable you to promote your apps directly from your ad text leveraging assets like text, logos, images and URL associated to your app ID in the app store.
- Ensure the app description you use is accurate and in line with Bing Ads policies. This includes the thumbnail or app preview icon used in your
- The app as described in ad copy must be the one actually available in the store. For example, you may not describe one app in ad copy and link to a different one in the store.
- Be accurate when making representations regarding the identity of the developer or producer.
- You may only promote an app that you either own or have a right to distribute.
- The app you promote must be appropriate for the intended audience of your advertisement, including how it relates to age ratings. If your ad copy promotes travels for example, you may not link to a casual dating app for download.
- A click on an app extension may lead users to the app store, but it may not directly generate a download.
- Malware, spyware and other malicious software are strictly disallowed.
We are committed to the highest standards of quality and relevancy and we actively invest in meeting the intent of our users with the most relevant advertising content. We use multiple data points to ensure the best performance of your advertisements. In the context of serving your advertisement with an app extension we will leverage assets like text, logos, images and URL associated to your app ID in the app store.
Sitelink Extensions are additional links in your ads that take people to specific pages on your website. These are policies to help you implement them well.
- It should be reasonably clear which portion of your website is promoted by each sitelink extension. For example, link text such as “Contacts” may not point to the “New Arrivals” portion of your website.
- Each sitelink extension needs to feature a unique name. In other words, you may not have multiple sitelink extensions with the same link text within the same ad copy.
- A click on a sitelink extension may not trigger an automatic download.
- Unnecessary symbols and characters like emoticons and block elements such as ▉ or ▃ cannot be utilized in accordance to the Bing Ads content and
- You can enter up to 10 sitelink extensions per ad group. Character limitations may apply (for example, 35 characters for link text and 1024 characters for the destination URL maximum in the U.S.).
Location ExtensionsLocation Extensions enhance your ads with a business address and phone number to help customers contact you.
- Please ensure that you input a valid address for your location extension.
- The address you select must be the actual address of your business location(s). For parent companies, this includes the address of your affiliates.
- It should be sufficiently clear to users which business is located at that address. Ensure that the name of the business at that location is properly displayed.
- If you insert additional promotional text, ensure this is not only accurate but also relevant for the location promoted. In other words, do not use offers that only apply to your New York, NY location while promoting your Seattle, WA location.
- For images, please follow Bing Ads Image, audio and video policies.
- If you have multiple locations, the address shown will generally be the closest to the location of the user. The radius for the location display is up to 50 miles. If you do not have a business location entered that is within 50 miles of the user, no location will be shown in your ad.
- Location extensions are not available to customers participating in the Bing Ads Adult advertising program.
Phone numbers and ad call extensions
- Valid phone number: The phone number must be in the correct format for the market in which the ad is displayed, including a valid area code. For example, the correct format for the United States is: (425) 555-0177.
- International calls are not allowed.
- The phone number must be all numbers.
- No letters are permitted.
- Disallowed characters in phone number: The phone number cannot contain special characters with the exception of parentheses and a dash.
- Fees: Phone charges in excess of standard fees must be clearly identified before the call is placed, including disclaimers in ad copy. At times, we reserve the right to block certain premium rate phone numbers (such as "900" numbers in the U.S.).
- Call recording: In addition to complying with all applicable legal requirements, a clear notification of the fact that a phone communication is being recorded is required before recording begins.
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Taiwan
The use of a phone number in any portions of your ad copy, is disallowed. You can only use Call Extensions to add a phone number to your ad copy. Location Extensions also allow you to use a phone number.
Image Extensions policies
Image Extensions are photographs placed in your ad that can set it apart from other ads, helping to increase clicks and grab attention. Image Extensions will appear on PC and tablet search results pages across Bing. Image extensions are not available for adult marketplace advertisers. Please also review Bing Ads Image, audio and video policies.
Review Extensions allow you to share reviews from trusted third parties with your audience directly in your ad copy.
Truthfulness and accuracy
- Reviews should be accurate. You may not edit or manipulate reviews to make your products or services appear in a different light than as portrayed in the original review.
- Paraphrasing should accurately reflect the content of the original review, including its tone.
- The review displayed in your ad copy must be present on the review extension landing page.
- Reviews in your ad copy should not be over one year old or otherwise outdated, not current or no longer applicable to your products or services.
- Reviews should provide additional content for your ad copy as it pertains to your products or services advertised, and not be used as a mere additional line of text or be duplicative of current content in your ad.
- Reviews may only come from reliable, well-established and trusted sources.
- The source must match the source URL. You may not misrepresent the origin of the review (e.g., source description “A-Review” with source URL “www.B-review.com”).
- You may only link to the original source of the review, and not to any other secondary sources, aggregators, etc.
- You may not utilize a review that was created by any of your employees, affiliates or associates or otherwise commissioned by you or created with your participation in developing its content. This includes paid endorsements and testimonials.
- Individual consumer reviews, endorsement and testimonials are not allowed.
- As an advertiser you are responsible for obtaining the proper consent to utilize a given source in your ad copy.
Callout Extensions allow you to add distinctive selling points directly in your ad copy.
- A Callout Extension cannot be used merely as another line of text. Callout Extensions can only be used to highlight specific selling points or deals.
- You may not drive unnecessary attention to the Callout Extension by using unneeded symbols and characters like emoticons or excessive punctuation, for example. Review the Bing Ads Ad content and style policies to learn more.
- Each Callout Extension must be unique. For example, you may not have multiple Callout Extensions with the same text within the same ad copy.
- The text of the Callout Extension must adhere to Bing Ads policies. For example, your landing page must prominently feature any special prices, discounts or free offers that are described in any portion of the ad, including the Callout Extension.
- Pay attention when using trademarks in Callout Extensions to avoid infringing the intellectual property rights of others. Trademark usage in Callout Extensions must still comply with Bing Ads intellectual property policies.
Help with Bing Ads policies
Use these links for more help with Bing Ads policies.
|Limited approval or disapproved ads||Additional resources|