Do you investigate issues around an advertiser’s dip in conversions or goals? We’ve put together this reference checklist to guide your process and help you find a faster solution.
- Check if Campaign Analytics is enabled for the Customer
- Check if analytics script aka conversion (step) code aka tag is implemented on Customer’s landing page
Or in case of troubleshooting Goals issue – check for the appropriate goal step (Land / Browse / Step) code to make sure it’s on Customers page
- Check dedup parameter when conversion count is either higher / lower compared to expected value or totals from customer web logs / third party tools
- If initial troubleshooting does not solve an advertiser’s issue, escalate the following information to Y! Tech team / Ad Support for further investigation:
- Advertiser Name
- Account Number or Account XID
- Yahoo! Bing Network query used to click on the advertisement, e.g. “phone.”
- R-link: To obtain the r-link, search for a keyword, right click on the ad, copy the shortcut, and then paste it into a text editor. Note: The r-link is available if the campaign is active and delivering. If the r-link is not available, please identify and take note of at least one affected ad group.
- Webpage URL where the Bing Ads analytics script or noscript pixel for the specified account is hosted. Note: If the webpage URL may only be viewed by making a purchase, please ask for the full HTML source text file.
- Specific symptom/issue.
Does this help? Let us know. Scroll down for more information and technical specifics.
Support Engineer, Bing Ads
</script> <noscript> <iframe src="http://community.bingads.microsoft.com//flex.atdmt.com/mstag/tag/abc123-41f1-42bf-966a-efgh8910/analytics.html?dedup=1&domainId=12345&type=1&taxcost=&shippingcost=&revenue=10&actionid=678910" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="1" height="1" style="visibility:hidden;display:none"> </iframe> </noscript>
The code above can be generated by following these simple steps:
1. Go to Tools > Campaign Analytics
2. Click on an existing Goal (Conversion step) and then Click on “Save and Generate code” in bottom right:
PLEASE NOTE: This does not modify the actual code being used or applied on Customer’s page. It is safe to click :)
3. You can then Copy paste the conversion code into a notepad for comparison with the code on Customer’s page
- Pay close attention to the unique IDs in conversion tag (e.g., actionID, domainID) to make sure it matches those in the Bing Ads UI
· Track conversions and other site activity using Campaign Analytics(Enabling / Setup)
· About Campaign Analytics and tracking conversions (Goals / Steps)