Optimize UK Toy Campaigns based on the ‘Dream Toys’ Lists 2012
To someone who is old enough to have be delighted with a Monchichi or a Walkman at Christmas, children’s toys anno 2012 can look somewhat bewildering (did the Gremlins turn blue?). The Top Toys list from the Toy Retailers Association1nevertheless offers an interesting insight into what children in Britain want from Santa this year.
‘What is it to me?’ I hear you say ‘that the top number 1 toy this year is Minnie’s Kitchen Table, that number 3 is ‘My Little Pony’s wedding castle and that my little nephew is likely to dream of a ‘Nerf N-Strike Elite Hail-Fire’. Well besides the fact that it is somewhat shocking that little women seem to want kitchens and little boys dangerous looking guns, these lists can inform you on how you could expand your keyword libraries ahead of an increase in search volume on these terms.
This year’s overall Dream Toys, in alphabetical order are:
- Cabbage Patch Kids, JAKKS Pacific
- Furby, Hasbro
- InnoTab 2, VTech
- Jake and the Neverland Pirates – Pirate Ship Bucky, Mattel
- LeapPad 2, Leapfrog Toys
- LEGO Friends: Olivia’s House, Lego
- LEGO The Lord of the Rings: The Mines of Moria, Lego
- Mike the Knight’s Deluxe Glendragon Playset, Character Options
- Monster High Ghouls Rule Dolls, Mattel
- My Moshi Home, Vivid Imaginations
- Nerf N-Strike Elite Hail-Fire, Hasbro
- Twister Dance, Hasbro
- Web Shooting Spider-Man, Hasbro
Seasonal global optimization tips and downloadable keyword libraries
Our bloggers Peter and Akhila have been putting together a series of blog posts to help you prepare all relevant accounts for Christmas (or ‘the Holidays’ as is the correct phrase States side) in the US, UK and the French, German and Spanish speaking markets. You can find a summary of these blog posts below. For English (UK), French & German speaking markets we also refreshed our keyword libraries from which you can get some festive inspiration too.
- Optimize your UK Bing Ads Search Campaign Today - The biggest Online Sales Period of the Year is Here! #retail
- UK Insights for the 2012 Holiday Season: Prepare Your Campaigns for a Record-Breaking Season
- The 2012 Holiday Season: Optimize early for a successful start (UK)
- US Vertical holiday insights
For our French Speaking customers
For our German speaking customers:
For our Spanish speaking customers:
Stay tuned – more tinsel tips to come!
1)The Toy Retailers Association represents 75% of toy retailers and is uniquely placed to make predictions based on 50 years of consumer knowledge and tracking the latest trends in the market.