Bing Places for Business is now available in Germany and Spain. Bing Places for Business is a free tool that allows you to easily and quickly create an online business profile that helps increase the discoverability of your business by millions of searchers. Bing Places is the latest product after location extensions that makes it easier for your business to be found by customers who look for a business like yours, local to them.
Register your business with Bing Places for free
Registering for Bing Places makes your business easier to find when potential customers search for you via a PC, mobile phone or other mobile device for free. What’s more you have control over what your listing looks like and can make sure your phone number, address, directions and website mentioned are up-to-date!
Example of what Bing Places for Business listings looks like
Ensure your business is listed on Bing Places in three steps:
- On the Bing Places website you can check if you are already listed by adding your company name and phone number. You can amend the results if you like.
- If you can’t find your business, sign up and add information such as your URL (not mandatory), address, phone number, opening hours and logos or photos. You can also select up to ten categories relevant to your business which will help it get found. More than one business location? Check out how to do bulk uploads.
- So we know it’s you, you’ll need to complete a quick verification process, which can easily be done on the phone, or you can elect to receive a postcard from us with a PIN at the business address you confirmed at step 1 or 2. Sign back in and add the PIN and you’re ready to go.
We expect that claiming and updating your listing will result in more visibility and engagement with your business, however, we do not guarantee to show your listing 100% of the time. Whether your business shows when a search query is made depends on the user search query quality and on the competitiveness of the listings near you.
In addition to Bing Places for Business, Bing Ads has two new features to help drive local customers to your business: Location Extensions with Click to Directions and, as the first step towards call extensions, we have recently enabled Click to Call for Smartphones* - the ability for users to click directly on your phone number on their smartphone to initiate a call.
*Note: currently only available on smartphones
Locations Extensions – Show your phone number and address to searchers close to you
Location extensions allows you to add phone numbers and addresses to your pay per click ads. They are loaded at an account level, but can be assigned to campaigns – the location information will show for ads when the user is within a 50-mile radius of your business location (or up to three if you have more than one close by), which means users can easily reach your business.
New location extensions integration with Bing and Yahoo maps – Walk your customers to your door
Click to Directions provides a link, which when clicked, directs the user through to Bing or Yahoo Maps (depending on the search provider they use) and pre-populates the destination in the directions functionality of the map. If the user is on their smartphone, and have opted in for their location to be used, it will also pre-populate the location, giving a live directions view. This functionality means the user is engaged from seeing the ad right through to walking in the door.
Find out how to set up location extensions here.
Click to Call on Smartphones - Driving smartphone users to react to your ad by picking up the phone
Since the most desired conversion for most small (and some medium) businesses remains having the phone ring, call extensions are a vital part of any local arsenal.
We have recently made the phone number you enter in your location extensions clickable on smartphones only, to allow users to click from the ad on their handset to initiate a call, charged as a normal click. This change helps to drive users to react to your ad by picking up the phone.
We are working on a full call extensions product, as recently released in the US and the UK. This will includeSkype-enabled browser calling, Bing Ads provisioned forwarding numbers, and full call analytics. We look forward to be able to announce that in additional markets in due course.
- Sign in to Bing Places here
- Bing Places FAQ: Find out more about signing in, adding multiple accounts, managing listings and more.
- A short video explaining how to register (in English)
- When signing up for Bing Places Business listings you may be asked for your Microsoft account – what is that?
- What are Bing Ads Ad Extensions?