In May, we released an all-new Bing Ads Editor version 11.0 and received positive feedback. We also got great suggestions to further improve the new Bing Ads Editor. So, in this new release, we have focused on incorporating the enhancements you requested. We’re also pleased to let you know that we are now also launching a 64-bit version of Bing Ads Editor. If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows operating system and have at least 8 GB memory, installing a 64-bit version of Bing Ads Editor will further optimize the performance.
Usability improvements:Based on your feedback, we have made the following enhancements to make Bing Ads Editor even more intuitive and easier to use:
SUPPORT FOR DRAG AND DROP:
Although you could cut, copy, and paste items such as keywords, ad groups, campaigns, and more in version 11.0, dragging and dropping items was not possible. With v11.1, you can now intuitively drag and drop items within the same account or even across multiple accounts. Few things to note are:
- Dragging and dropping items within the account will cut and paste the items.
- Dragging and dropping items across accounts will copy and paste the items.
- Pressing the “Control” key when dragging and dropping will always copy and paste items.
- Dropping items are only allowed on the tree view in the left pane.
- Dragging and dropping items from the “Shared library” is not supported.
EASILY DISTINGUISH “ALL” VIEW WITH OTHER VIEWS
You told us that it is easy to forget that you are in preset views that filters out items (such as “Paused” views or “Editorial disapproval” views) and get confused why all your items are not showing up in the grid. In order to solve this problem, we now underline all preset views, except the “All” view, to provide a visual clue that some of your items may not be showing up.
ADDITIONAL “NEW ITEMS” AND “EDITED ITEMS” PRESET VIEWS
In order to enable you to quickly see what items you have newly added or edited, we have added two new preset views called “New items” and “Edited items.”
“PARENT STATUS” TO ALL APPLICABLE ITEMSKnowing the status of parent items can be very helpful when managing your campaigns. So, with this release, you can now see the parent status for all applicable items right in the grid.
Note: You can add “Parent status” field from Column chooser if it is not already showing up.
COLUMN PERSISTENCE AFTER PERFORMING “VIEW STATISTICS”
The columns in the grids of Bing Ads Editor can be added, removed, and rearranged as needed. In the previous version, the custom arrangement of columns would sometimes get reset to the default layout upon downloading metrics by clicking “View statistics.” We have now fixed this glitch with this version.
IMPROVED EDITORIAL ERROR EXPORT
Although the message for editorial errors were clear and descriptive in Bing Ads Editor user interface, upon export, the file used to have a slightly different message and the specific rejection reason was not included. We have changed the text in the exported file to include all the details that are shown in the user interface.
Editorial Error as shown in Bing Ads Editor UI
Editorial Error in exported file
"Your text ad is disapproved because it violates our advertising policies. Policy Violation: Adult content (Location: Param 2, Market:AU,CA,IN,ID,IE,MY,NZ,PH,SG,VN,TH,GB,US) Your ad violates policy when substituted with keywords. Please fix the keywords and appeal the ad."
64-BIT VERSION OF BING ADS EDITOR
We now have a 64-bit version for Bing Ads Editor. If you have 64-bit Windows operating system and at least 8 GB of memory, installing 64-bit version will optimize the performance of Bing Ads Editor, enabling you to get things done even faster.
Go to the download page to install the 64-bit version of Bing Ads Editor.
- If you already have a 32-bit version of Bing Ads Editor installed, then you will first need to uninstall the 32-bit version (this will delete the downloaded accounts) and then install the 64-bit version. Please note that this will delete your downloaded accounts, so after the installation, you will have to download your accounts again.
- Keep in mind that Microsoft Bing Ads Editor version 11.0 and older Bing Ads Editor version 10 can run side-by-side, so you will need to uninstall 32-bit version of both the applications before you install the 64-bit version.
Let us know what you think. Reach out to us on twitter or send us your feedback directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.