Bing Ads reports — training
When you’ve created your campaigns, written your ads and fine-tuned your keywords lists, Bing Ads has the reporting capability to measure campaign performance. Bing Ads reporting will help you:
- track your online advertising budget and spend
- evaluate ad and keyword performance
- develop valuable insights for optimising campaigns
After reading this training, you will know how to:
- compare Bing Ads report types
- create customised reports
- schedule reports
- save customised and recently generated reports
Bing Ads reports are categorised by type. Each report type relates to a specific aspect of your account. To view these, click the Reports tab. On the Reports screen, expand the left tree and choose the type of report. You can also use the Report Type drop-down menu. The five report categories are:
- Performance reports that give you a closer look at how your campaigns are performing, including details like CTR and impressions.
- Change history reports that track the changes made to your campaigns.
- Targeting reports that track which audiences a campaign is reaching.
- Campaign analytics reports that track conversions and visitor behaviour.
- Billing and budget reports that track how much is being spent against the campaign budget.
Creating a report is simple. Click the Reports tab and name your report. Choose a report to use as a template and get started.
Each of the five report types has report sub-topics, like Keyword as a type of Performance report. However, when you choose to run the Performance Keyword report, it’s not a static report. Bing Ads reports are highly customisable, allowing you to extrapolate specific data.
For example, under the Performance Statistic link, you might add columns to your report that focus on the conversion rate for your ad group. Adding columns to a base report is how you customise a report to analyse your data. In addition, by clicking the Attributes link, you can choose to look at the results of ads targeted at customers in specific countries and metropolitan areas.
Creating your custom report is as simple as selecting various data points. You can use report type, general settings, columns, filters and whether you want to save and schedule your report. Saving and scheduling your report is an important last step. Save by clicking the checkbox under My Report Settings. If you want to run a scheduled report, click the checkbox to generate a periodic report.
When you schedule an automatic report, you can request an email notification each time that it runs. If you want to have the report added as an attachment, select Include the report as an email attachment.
Customised and recent reports
After creating a report, you can retrieve it from the left index tree. At the bottom of the index tree is the Custom reports link. This contains all the reports created and saved with unique filters, columns and settings.
The Report History link allows you to see the 20 most recently generated reports. Clicking the report name loads that report. When loaded, you can use it as a template for creating a similar report, running a report manually or downloading a copy as an Excel file.
Because you can customise, view on demand and schedule reports, Bing Ads reports is a powerful tool for campaign optimisation.
Bing Ads reports can help you:
- evaluate your search advertising campaign performance
- identify optimisation opportunities
- track your search advertising finances
Please note that features mentioned in this training may not be available in your market.