Adult content policies
Only approved advertisers may participate in the Adult Advertising Program. If you are an approved advertiser, please follow these policies throughout this page to ensure your ads are approved quickly.
Microsoft classifies advertising as adult content if the target website features sexually explicit content, including but not limited to:
- Dating sites with the clear intent for sexual encounters, where the website content features graphic images on the landing page, or the language is graphic or explicit in nature.
- Sites that promote porn stars and their personal brand.
- Sites where sex toys are the prominent feature of the site.
Disallowed adult content
For all advertisers, including participants in the Adult Advertising Program, advertising may not include keyword variations, ads, or websites that relate in any way to illegal, non- consensual, denigrating, obscene, or violent activity, including bestiality, brutality, torture, death, illegal drug use, cruelty, prostitution, pedophilia, rape, incest, extreme or shocking sex, child pornography, strippers/strip clubs, escorts, or content that relates to persons who are, or are suggested to be, under the legal age permitted in applicable jurisdictions.
|Approved example||Disapproved example||Policy|
Porn Pics and Videoswww.contosoAdult.com
Quality images and streaming videos of your favorite stars.
Real Ex Hacked Picswww.contosoAdult.com
Get revenge on your ex. Hundreds of real pictures.
Advertisers may not advertise illegal and non-consensual related content.
Full Access to all the hot and sexy singles in your area.
Find someone tonight.
Find an Escort Tonightwww.contosoAdult.com
Meet sexy Escorts and paid companions for the best
Advertisers may not advertise escort related content.
Erotic Sex Toys and Adult Productswww.contosoAdult.com
Satisfy your curiosity. The best adult toys and DVDs.
Sadist Sex Toys
Looking to inflict pain? Huge inventory. Free shipping on the latest toys.
Advertisers may not advertise violent activity, brutality and torture related content.
Adult advertising participation
Advertisers must apply to participate in the Adult Advertising Program, and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and Microsoft policies. Adult ads may not be distributed through all of the advertising distribution options and may appear only in text search ads. If you would like to apply, please complete and submit the Adult advertising program participation form. Your application may be considered separately for each country in which you want to display ads.
As a participant in the program:
- You are responsible for all content that is related to or accessible within your site, including but not limited to links, text, audio, visual, or image content, as well as content linked to from the site even if it is provided by a third party.
- You must comply with all applicable industry regulations, standards of practice, and legal requirements, including but not limited to those concerning age verification of models featured on the site.
- You agree to give Microsoft immediate, unrestricted and unconditional access to all sites that are associated with adult ads, at no charge, in cases where we need to investigate compliance of such sites with our Bing Ads policies.
- You may access the Adult Resources page for additional information and the approved adult keyword list.
Adult keywords and advertising
- Keywords that are approved for adult advertising content must be solely and explicitly for adult content — for example, Bing users searching on approved adult keywords are only served sexually explicit content, while non-adult-specific keywords do not serve adult content. Examples of approved adult keywords include: Free Porn, XXX Video, Live Sex Chat Cams, Phone Sex Lines, Sex Toys, Blow up Dolls or Rabbit Vibrator.
- Keywords that are not explicitly related to adult content — that is, keywords that are relevant to both an adult search results category and a non-adult search results category — are not allowed in the Bing Adult Marketplace. Examples of keywords that are not explicitly related to adult content include: Breast Enhancement, Condoms, Lubricants, Lingerie, Sex Education or Single Dating.
Adding adult keywords to your campaign
- When adding adult keywords to your adult campaign, the “Exact” match type is the only match type allowed. Choosing phrase or broad match types will prevent your ads from delivering. You may only submit keywords that are associated with adult content, and the keyword must be on our approved adult keyword list.
Adult advertising policies
The following guidelines are provided for advisory purposes only. At its sole discretion and at any time, Microsoft reserves the right to define and amend what is considered adult content, amend the published adult policy, restrict the presence of adult content across the network, and disable the use of adult keywords.
- Ads for sites that contain sexually explicit content must contain language that clearly indicates that the site contains sexually explicit content. Space permitting, ads must indicate that the landing page is for ages 18+ or for adults only.
Adult example Non-adult example
Sex Dates and Swingerswww.contosoDating.com
No romance. Couples looking to experiment and
Looking for Romance?www.contosoDating.com
Find your soul mate today. No nudity,
- Sites that do not feature sexually explicit content on the landing page or as a dominant theme on the website, but that link to adult content, must employ a "bridge page" warning users that adult content will be found when the link is clicked.
Landing pages must point to a bridge page when linking to adult content:
Landing pages may not link directly to adult content without the use of a bridge page:
- Sites that feature adult images must include an age disclaimer on their site and all models must have the appearance of being 18 years or older.
- Ads, keywords, landing pages, and website content must comply with all Bing Ads policies.
- In addition to the prohibited content above, the Adult Advertising Program prohibits the provision or distribution of content that meets all of the following criteria:
- It is used to stimulate or satisfy sexual desire
- It is without any artistic, medical, or educational values
- It disgusts an average person
- It is contrary to the social manner or culture in the Taiwanese market
- And it is distributed or provided without appropriate obscuring measurements
- For example, it is disallowed to provide or access to any promotion, description, illustration, or content related to sex intercourse or sex organ in a non-obscured manner (such as decoded or non- mosaicked content).
- Adult sites must provide a bridge page that obscures any explicit content and includes an obvious warning message that the content of the site is only suitable for those who are 18 or older. The bridge page must be separate from the landing page of the adult site and may not contain any content unsuitable for minors. Additionally, the adult site must provide reasonable technologies to prevent those under 18 from accessing the adult site, such as the age verification through a log-in mechanism.